I have been looking for a good recipe for a good chinese broth like the one served in a local restaurant. They add spinach and bean curd (tofu) and I just love it. I hope this is what I am looking for. I guess you could add any number of things, chinese vegies, wontons, use it as an eggdrop soup base, whatever. I haven't tried it yet, just placing it here for safe keeping. I'll update when I do try it and let you know what I think, good or bad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim fat from the chicken and ribs and chop them into large pieces.
- 2Place them in a large pot with the water. Add the ginger and scallion knots.
- 3Bring to a boil, and skim off the scum from the top. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for at least 2-3 hours.
- 4Strain the stock, discarding the chicken, pork, ginger and scallions and return broth to the pot.
- 5Add the wine and return to a boil, simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Style Broth
Serving Size: 1 (4740 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.8
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 84.1 mg
- Sodium 88.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 19.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: