Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
Beef in a Chinese-style marinade.
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 whole star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 large beef steak, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Place all of the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add the steak and mix to cover with the marinade. Leave to marinade for an hour.
- Heat the oil in a hot wok. Add the beef and the marinade and fry for 3-4 minutes until the meat is browned. Drain off any excess liquid from the beef that may arise from the cooking process.
- Add any vegetables you might wish to create a stir fry.