1/2 Photos of Chinese Stir-Fry over Crunchy Slaw
Adapted from a recipe I found in a magazine. You can serve rice on the side if you must but it really isn't needed this makes very generous, healthy portions. The nutrional numbers on this recipe will be a little off because you throw away the marinade but it is in the ingredients (hope that makes sense, lol)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce or 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup snow peas, cut into thirds
- 2 coarsely chopped green onions (I think it needs more)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (I used 3)
- 2 cups shredded broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped peanuts (I used dry roasted)
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1In a medium bowl whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and chili-garlic sauce.
- 2Divide in half, reserving half for sauce, other half is for marinade.
- 3Add Chicken to half the sauce, toss to coat and let stand 15 minutes.
- 4Whisk water and cornstarch into reserved sauce until smooth and set aside.
- 5Remove chicken from marinade.
- 6Heat oil in wok over high heat till hot.
- 7Add chicken and stir fry until almost cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- 8Add bell pepper, snow peas, green onions and garlic, stir fry for 1 minute.
- 9Add reserved sauce and stir fry another minute till the sauce has thickened and chicken is completely done.
- 10Divide cole slaw mix between 2 plates, top with chicken mixture.
- 11Sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Stir-Fry over Crunchy Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.8
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 4166.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 35.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
broccoli coleslaw mix