Recipe by riffraff
Adapted from a recipe I found in a magazine. You can serve rice on the side if you must but it really isn't needed this makes very generous, healthy portions. The nutrional numbers on this recipe will be a little off because you throw away the marinade but it is in the ingredients (hope that makes sense, lol)
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
WOW! This is my new favorite stir-fry! I just loved all the "crunch." Usually, I prefer sweeter stir-fries, but the sweetness of the cilantro mixed with the peanuts fooled me into thinking it was sweet! I also think the chili garlic sauce adds a sweet flavor. What a terrific way to eat broccoli slaw (I had 3 helpings!). I did not need the rice at all! Thanks Rifffaff, for posting- Roxygirl
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce or 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas, cut into thirds
- 2 coarsely chopped green onions (I think it needs more)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (I used 3)
- 2 cups shredded broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped peanuts (I used dry roasted)
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and chili-garlic sauce.
- Divide in half, reserving half for sauce, other half is for marinade.
- Add Chicken to half the sauce, toss to coat and let stand 15 minutes.
- Whisk water and cornstarch into reserved sauce until smooth and set aside.
- Remove chicken from marinade.
- Heat oil in wok over high heat till hot.
- Add chicken and stir fry until almost cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper, snow peas, green onions and garlic, stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add reserved sauce and stir fry another minute till the sauce has thickened and chicken is completely done.
- Divide cole slaw mix between 2 plates, top with chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro.