Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another way to make Gluten
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, plus
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons liquid sweetener
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup gluten, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped
- 1 red pepper
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped
- In a small saucepan, whisk together hoisin sauce, 1 tbsp sesame oil, 2 tbsp soy sauce, rice vinegar, sugar, broth, garlic, ginger and corn starch over medium heat.
- Allow to simmer until mixture thickens, about 5-7 minutes, then remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large wok or skillet, stir-fry seitan in 2 tbsp sesame oil and 2 tbsp soy sauce until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add onions, pepper and broccoli and stir-fry another 2-3 minutes.
- Add sauce mixture to the stir-fry and combine well, allowing to cook another 2-3 minutes, until broccoli is done cooking.