Recipe by Cookin Okie
One of our family's favorites.
Top Review by HappyHealthyMommy
The only thing chinese about this was its appearance. I used french onion soup mix and the water, as suggested if you do not have a can of french onion soup. There was nothing chinese-tasting about the liquid (and it was way too watery!) Would have preferred take out any day and will never fix this again!
- 1 lb beef flank steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 head broccoli, cut into shoots
- 3 -4 carrots, cut into shoots
- 1 onion, sliced and quartered
- 1 (11 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1 dash soy sauce
- 2 -3 beef bouillon cubes
- 3 cups prepared rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut beef into strips and brown in oil with onions.
- Add bouillon cubes, a few dashes of soy sauce and onion soup. (you can substitute dry onion soup and about 1 cup water).
- When it begins to boil, add vegetables and cover. Cook for apprx 10 mins, or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Serve over prepared rice.