1/1 Photo of Chinese Stir Fried Shrimp With Asparagus
Pesto lover's Note:
ZWT 6. I got this recipe from Kylie Kwong's Simple Chinese Cooking. I love that book and her cooking style. If you don't have shao hsing wine, use dry sherry wine instead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel, devein and butterfly the shrimp, leaving tails intact.
- 2Wash asparagus and snap off tough ends. Cut each spear into 4 diagonal cuts.
- 3Heat 2 tbsp oil in a hot wok. Add half the shrimp and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- 4Remove shrimp from wok with a slotted spoon and set aside. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- 5Add remaining oil to hot wok. Stir in asparagus, thinly sliced ginger and garlic. Stir fry for 30 seconds, stirring constantly so that garlic does not burn.
- 6Put shrimp back into the wok with the wine, the vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil. Stir fry for 30 seconds.
- 7Pour in water and stir fry for another 30 seconds or until shrimp are just cooked through.
- 8Arrange shrimp and asparagus on a platter and serve with steamed rice, if desired.
Browse Our Top Chinese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Stir Fried Shrimp With Asparagus
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.8
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 170.2 mg
- Sodium 419.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 24.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: