You may not see potatoes on the menu in a Chinese restaurant but innovative Chinese home cooks know how to make use of available ingredients. This is different and tasty! Recipe is from the Chicago Trib 'you're the cook' article.
- Cover potatoes with water and salt in a medium saucepan; heat to a boil; cook 1 minute; drain.
- Transfer to a bowl filled with cold water and ice; cool completely, drain on paper towel; pat dry.
- Heat a wok over high heat; add vegetable oil.
- Stir-fry potatoes in oil until tender, about 4 minutes; add mushrooms, green onion, ginger, wine, oyster sauce, soy sauce and sugar.
- Cook, stirring, until all liquid is absorbed, about 3 minutes.