Recipe by JoyfulCook
A tasty stir fry, with lots of vegetables and with a bit of bite!
Top Review by AmandaInOz
Nice lamb stir fry! I used broccoli, bean sprouts, baby corn, onion and some fresh red and green chilies. The taste was quite subtle, so I think next time I'd double the amount of soy for the lamb marinade and possibly add more to the sauce as well for a more intense flavour. Thanks JoyfulCook!
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 cups vegetables
- 1 lb lamb, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons light soya sauce
- 2 dried bird's eye chiles
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare vegetables, of your own choice, i.e. bok choy, bean sprouts, capsicum, onion, broccoli, asparagus, Chinese leaf, baby corn--a mixture is great.
- Blanche asparagus and broccoli for two minutes before adding to the other vegetables. Add the chili, crushed; place to one side,.
- Slice meat in thin strips and marinade in the ginger, garlic and 1/2 tablespoon Soya sauce.
- Place the other ingredients in a cup, mixing the corn flour with enough water to mix when adding.
- Heat wok; add half of the oil. Stir fry the vegetables and place in warm oven.
- Add remainder of the oil to wok and quickly stir fry the meat for just a minute or two; add the liquid and stir until it thickens.
- Toss the vegetables in and quickly stir.
- Serve separately with noodles of your choice.