Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Serve over noodles or rice.
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb top sirloin steaks (cubed) or 1 lb cube steak
- ground pepper
- garlic salt
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packagebeefy onion soup mix
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon five-spice powder
- Slice onion and put on bottom of crock pot.
- Season the steak with pepper and garlic salt.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and lightly brown the steak.
- When done, place steak on onions in crock pot.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over top of steak.
- Cook 4-6 hours depending on your Crock pot or until steak is tender.
- Serve over noodles or rice.
Didn't really like this..not sure what about it I didn't like...just didn't taste as good as I thought it would.
Loved the smell of the five-spice powder while the dish cooked. We served some over noodles and some over rice.