Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a main-dish salad. It can be made vegetarian by substituting an equal amount of cubed firm tofu for the chicken
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chile sauce with garlic
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 8 cups red romaine lettuce or 8 cups lettuce, torn
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup sugar snap pea
- 1 cup carrot, julienned
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, julienned
- 3 slices red onions, thin,separated into rings
- In small bowl, whisk together ginger, orange peel, orange juice, ketchup, soy sauce and chile sauce.
- Slowly whisk in canola oil and sesame oil.
- In large bowl, toss lettuce with half of the dressing; arrange on platter.
- Sprinkle with chicken, peas, carrots, red bell pepper and onion; drizzle with remaining dressing.