Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Sometimes it is to hot out to serve soup with our Asian cuisine...this fruit salad is a perfect stand-in. Or use it as a light dessert! Various fruit substitutions or additions could easily be made here. Cooking time includes marinating.
- 1 medium ripe mango, sliced (5 oz)
- 1 medium ripe banana, sliced (4 1/2 oz)
- 3⁄4-1 cup halved strawberry (6 oz)
- 1 medium apple, chopped into 1 pieces (4 oz)
- 3 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Combine all in a bowl and mix, or cover and shake to mix. Let it marinate for a few hours in the ‘fridge.
- Keep in refrigerator until serving.
- NOTE: Bananas may turn brown after a day, but they are fine-- salad keeps well over a few days.
Delicious fruit salad which we enjoyed and will be making again soon!