- 14 pork spareribs
- 5 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 fluid ounces water
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry or 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 5 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon five-spice powder
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F gas mark 5.
- Place the ribs in a large roasting tin.
- Mix together all the ingredients and pour over the ribs to coat.
- Cover the roasting tin with foil and cook for 1 hour.
- Remove the foil and baste the ribs.
- Increase the oven temperature to 220°C/425°F gas mark 7; cook uncovered for 25 minutes occasionally basting the ribs.