Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Sounds weird, huh? But I promise you, it tastes really good. This recipe was invented to give fried chicken a Chinese flavor. Prep time includes the time the chicken is having its Chinese bath before frying.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 frying chicken, about 3 pounds,cut into 8 pieces
- flour, for dredging
- 1 cup corn oil, for frying
- Combine the marinade ingredients with the chicken and set aside for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Dredge the pieces of chicken in the flour.
- Place a rack in a shallow baking pan and put the pan near the stove.
- Heat a large skillet and add the oil.
- When the oil is hot, fry the pieces of chicken on both sides until lightly browned, about 4 or 5 minutes.
- Arrange the chicken on the rack so they don't touch and bake for 45 minutes or until done.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
Mirj, my husband and daughter loved this! The flavors were great and just right! Thanks for a lovely dinner!
Thanks, Mirj, for a great recipe. Left it in the oven until it was really crispy. The family really enjoyed it. Also, left it in the marinade for about 6 hours.