1 hr 10 mins
Sounds weird, huh? But I promise you, it tastes really good. This recipe was invented to give fried chicken a Chinese flavor. Prep time includes the time the chicken is having its Chinese bath before frying.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the marinade ingredients with the chicken and set aside for 1 hour.
- 2Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 3Dredge the pieces of chicken in the flour.
- 4Place a rack in a shallow baking pan and put the pan near the stove.
- 5Heat a large skillet and add the oil.
- 6When the oil is hot, fry the pieces of chicken on both sides until lightly browned, about 4 or 5 minutes.
- 7Arrange the chicken on the rack so they don't touch and bake for 45 minutes or until done.
- 8Serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Southern Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 751.4
- Calories from Fat 646
- Total Fat 71.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 86.2 mg
- Sodium 1052.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 22.8 g