Prep 2 hrs
Cook 1 hr
This is one of the Zaar recipes that I adopted. I hope to prepare this one soon and will post any modifications that I make to the recipe. I suggest using Chinese Dry Marinade for the Chinese dry marinade.
- 6 lbs pork spareribs
- Chinese dry marinade, Chinese Dry Marinade
- Rub ribs thoroughly with the Chinese Dry Marinade.
- Let stand at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours.
- Arrange ribs ends down on cooking grill or place bones upright in rib rack.
- Smoke-cook until done.
- Brush ribs with Chinese Barbecue sauce during the last few minutes of cooking, then serve with remaining sauce.
I really enjoyed the ribs prepared with your dry rub and a quick and tangy Chinese barbecue sauce I threw together. It makes a great change from the usual American barbecue without losing the yummy character of smoked ribs.I made this for ZWT4 as part of the team Kumquat's Kookin' Kaboodles. Thanks much! ~Sue
Mmmmmmm, good! Used the dry rub (with and addition of onion and garlic powder.) Let the ribs stand at room temperature for 4 hours, smoked them with half alder and half cherry in the stovetop smoker. Wrapped them tightly in foil and roasted at 325F for 2 hours, unwrapped and turned heat up to 425F to finish for 30 minutes. Boy, were they good! Can't wait to try the recipe on the side smoker this summer... Thanks for adopting this and keeping it up. Yummy!