YUM !! I finally got this down to as good as any omlette I have had in a Chinese restaurant. A great addition to your other chinese dish.
- Prepare sauce by adding oyster sauce to chicken broth then whisk.
- Heat wok or skillet until extremely hot.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil & stir fry shrimp, onion & green onion until just cooked then remove.
- Add 2 tablespoons oil to wok & when hot, add the beaten eggs.
- Return shrimp & onions to wok.
- Stir in the shrimp once so they become part of the omlette & then let them sit, continue to break holes in the egg between the shrimp to allow raw egg to contact the wok.
- Jiggle, poke & shimmy the omlette to prevent sticking until mostly cooked.
- Flip or turn omlette & finish cooking on other side for a few second then turn out onto warm plate & cover with foil.
- Return wok to heat.
- Add cornstarch to sauce & whisk then add to wok.
- Boil sauce until thick then pour over omlette.
- A "slight" burn on the egg tastes great with the sauce but not too much.
This was so easy to make. Great quick dinner. Definitely made my night easier!! I might add some soy sauce next time for a little kick. Thanks captain!
Thanks for the recipe!!! It is fantastic!!! Made it last week for dinner & making it again tonight. Like other review, I added a little soy sauce to both the egg mixture & sauce & a few extra vegetables...it was delicious! Thanks again : )