1/1 Photo of Chinese Shrimp Omelette
YUM !! I finally got this down to as good as any omlette I have had in a Chinese restaurant. A great addition to your other chinese dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare sauce by adding oyster sauce to chicken broth then whisk.
- 2Heat wok or skillet until extremely hot.
- 3Add 1 tablespoon of oil & stir fry shrimp, onion & green onion until just cooked then remove.
- 4Add 2 tablespoons oil to wok & when hot, add the beaten eggs.
- 5Return shrimp & onions to wok.
- 6Stir in the shrimp once so they become part of the omlette & then let them sit, continue to break holes in the egg between the shrimp to allow raw egg to contact the wok.
- 7Jiggle, poke & shimmy the omlette to prevent sticking until mostly cooked.
- 8Flip or turn omlette & finish cooking on other side for a few second then turn out onto warm plate & cover with foil.
- 9Return wok to heat.
- 10Add cornstarch to sauce & whisk then add to wok.
- 11Boil sauce until thick then pour over omlette.
- 12A "slight" burn on the egg tastes great with the sauce but not too much.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Shrimp Omelette
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.5
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 474.4 mg
- Sodium 1010.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 19.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: