Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the American Institute for Cancer Research.
Make and share this Chinese Shrimp Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (or more, according to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons canola oil or 3 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 2 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, stems removed, diced
- 1⁄4 lb fresh sugar snap pea, strings on, edges removed (about 20)
- 2 teaspoons peeled ginger, grated
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, curry and sugar. Mix in soy sauce, vinegar and chicken broth. Set aside.
- In wok or heavy skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over high heat. Add carrots, pepper, peas, ginger and garlic. Stir-fry until vegetables are brightly colored, about 1 minute. Transfer onto plate with slotted spoon.
- Place remaining oil in pan and set over high heat. Add shrimp and stir-fry until pink, about 1 minute.
- Return vegetables to pan. Stir sauce mixture and pour into pan. Simmer gently until shrimp are white in center, 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately over rice.
- Makes 4 servings.