Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
Everybody likes sesame noodles! I like this recipe because unlike others, it's not floating in oil.
- 1⁄2 cup Chinese sesame paste or 1⁄2 cup tahini (stir before measuring)
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot chili oil (amount to taste)
- 1 lb cooked chicken breast
- 1 cucumber
- 1 lb thin Chinese egg noodles (wheat noodles or thin spaghetti may also be used)
- 1 -2 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together sesame paste, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, sugar, sesame oil and hot oil.
- Stir in 1/4 cup cold water until it forms a smooth sauce; set aside.
- Chop chicken into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Peel cucumber, slice, and remove seeds; chop into bite-size pieces.
- Cook noodles in boiling water just until tender, 5-8 minutes (if using another type, refer to package directions).
- Place noodles in cold water and allow to drain.
- Place drained noodles in a large bowl and toss with the chicken and cucumber.
- Pour half the sauce over the noodles along with the sesame seeds and toss gently.
- Place noodles on serving platter (or serve from the bowl).
- Pass remaining sauce at table to add as desired.
very good, have made several times now, have added other vegatables like red pepper, good hot, stir fry chicken then veggies then add pasta and sauce as a nice hot dinner
Almost missed reviewing this for the Australian May swap. We have become very fond of oriental noodles and we loved this combination. I was a little hesitant on the sesame oil but it melded beautifully. Loved the addition of the chili oil - the cucumber was added a nice crunch. Have added this to my collection. Thank you Sue L.
This is extremely easy and tasty, too. I did add crushed red pepper flakes and this gave it a nice "bite" -- I was afraid it might be too bland without it. Also, I heated up the sauce so that I could serve the dish warm. I used whole wheat spaghetti for my noodles and this tasted great. I will make again soon!