Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Made this few years back. Recipe may be made 1 day ahead.
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 3 stalks celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 teaspoons sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- Toast sesame seeds on shallow baking tray at 350F for 5 minutes. Alternatively, you may buy toasted sesame seeds from supermarkets.
- Place water and chicken in pan. Make sure chicken is well covered with water.
- Add spice powder and soy sauce before bringing slowly to boil. Simmer over low fire, covered until chicken is just cooked.
- When chicken has cooled, cut into slices.
- Chop celery diagonally and boil in chicken broth for a minute. Towel dry celery to remove excess moisture from celery.
- Combine rest of ingredients and mix well with chicken and celery. Serve with sesame seeds.