Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
an authentic,easy to make starter or snack with a distinctive oriental flavour,
- 300 g prawns
- 43 g sesame seeds
- 8 slices white bread
- 4 large eggs
- oil, to fry
- sesame oil, if possible
- Take the prawns-if they are frozen,make sure they are completely defrosted and drained,place them in a bowl an mash them to a pulp.
- cut the crusts off the bread.
- seperate the eggyolks and whites,discard the yolks and whisk the whites in a bowl.
- make "sanwiches" with the crustless bread,using the pulped prawns,roll thin with a rolling pin (a drink bottle full of water works well for those without a rolling pin).
- place the sesame seeds in a dish.
- cover the bottom of a non stick frying pan with oil (sesame seed oil is tastiest-but a splash added with surfice as this is expensive and strong in flavour) and heat on a medium flame.
- cut each "sanwich into 4 triangles and dip in the egg white untill thoroughly soaked.
- dip in the sesame seeds.
- fry each "toast" for 2-3 mins a side or untill golden.
- serve and enjoy- a sweet chillie dip or soy completes the dish!