Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A yummy treat in the afternoon.
- 300 g flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 85 g sugar
- 4 sausages
- Sift the flour and baking powder on to a working surface and make a well in the center.
- Cream the oil and sugar with the warm water, then pour into the well.
- Gradually work in the flour and mix into a soft dough.
- Knead until a smooth dough is formed.
- Cover with a damp cloth and set aside for 50 minutes.
- Turn the dough on to a lightly floured table and roll out into a 0.
- 6cm thick rectangle.
- Cut the rectangle into 1.
- 2cm X 20cm strips.
- Wash and halve the Chinese sausages lengthwise.
- Cut into 7.
- 5cm lengths Using a strip of dough, make a spiral around a piece of Chinese sausages.
- Put each roll on a sheet of oblong paper, then arrange in a steamer.
- To Complete-.
- Bring half a wok of water to the boil over high heat and sit the steamer in the wok.
- over tightly with the lid and steam the Chinese sausage rolls over high heat for 12 minutes.
- Remove and serve hot.