Recipe by IngridH
From The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook. The authors call for a 6 cup rice cooker, I've had no problems with my 3 cup model. Serve this as a main dish for 4, or a side dish for 6.
- 2 cups medium grain white rice
- cooking spray
- 1 cup Chinese sausage, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 3⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the rice well in a fine strainer.
- Coat the rice bowl with cooking spray.
- Add the drained rice, sausage, and onions to the rice bowl.
- Add the water, stir just to combine.
- Cook on the regular white rice cycle.
- When the machine switches to keep warm, let it steam for 15 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a plastic rice paddle, or wooden spoon.
- Place in a serving dish, and garnish with the cilantro and the sesame seeds.