Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My version of Chinese salad, fresh and crispy with a nice crunch from the toasted nuts and crispy noodles. A commercial honey-soy dressing gives a great salty/sweet taste that compliments this salad.
- 1 1⁄2 cups bean sprouts, fresh
- 3 -4 cups Chinese cabbage, I use sugarloaf
- 1⁄4 cup roasted sunflower seeds, shelled of course
- 1⁄4 cup crispy hokkein noodles
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1⁄4 English cucumber, bite sized chunks
- 2 green onions, sliced on the diagonal
- honey soy dressing (Kraft makes an excellent one)
- Thinly slice cabbage.
- Toss in bean sprouts, julienned carrots, cucumbers and green onions.
- Just prior to serving toss through the crispy noodles and toasted nuts so they don't go soggy.
- Add salad dressing to taste and enjoy!
- If you want this as a main dish, add cooked, crumbled chicken mince or shredded chicken for a nicely rounded meal.