Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
When I looked at this salad I was skeptical that I would like it because I'm not a fan of salads that only contain spinach but this was super delicious. The raisins give it that tiny little sweetness and the crunch of the cashews are lovely.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) package bean sprouts
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 sweet red peppers, chopped small
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 cup rice, cooked and cooled
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄2 cup olive oil, your preference
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Toss veggies in a bowl.
- Mix vinaigrette in a separate bowl and allow to marinate for an hour.
- Pour vinaigrette over salad just before you are ready to serve and toss.
- Bon Appetit.
this was good, I did reduce the amount of dressing by half, I can't imagine using the full amount for this salad, thanks for sharing Lorrie!
This was a tasty salad! I halved the recipe and still had lots! One thing I will do next time is, keep the veggies separate from the spinach until I am ready to serve it. I found the spinach went a bit soggy with the moisture from the other vegetables. I also found the dressing to have a bit too much oil for my taste, and I might cut back next time. I also used pumpkin seeds in place of the cashews! Thanks for posting!
PAC-06 recipe I made this with shish ka bobs and the cold weather salad for a gathering we had. everyone enjoyed this one. If you love chinese anything you will love this one.