Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
Found this recipe on Paula Deen's show on Food Network. I adapted it slightly, instead of napa cabbage I use coleslaw mix. My husband absolutely loves it. Warning!! It is very addictive!
- 1 (12 ounce) bag coleslaw mix
- 2 green onions
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles (I use Oriental flavor)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Preheat broiler.
- Break up ramen noodles into small pieces and place on cookie sheet. Add sliced almonds. Mix noodles & almonds togehter. Place under broiler until toasted. Watch closely as almonds will burn. Take out & let cool.
- Mix vegetable oil, sugar, vinegar, seasoning pack from ramen noodles and soy sauce into small bowl with lid. Shake well.
- Place coleslaw mix, green onion & toasted noodles & almonds in large salad bowl. Pour dressing over & toss well.
- Serve immediately.
I love this salad. The ingredients list is simple and the taste is outstanding. Hubby and I couldn't get enough of this. Thank you for a yummy side dish....Stephanie
I recently made this recipe for the first time, and my whole family loved it. It's really easy to make. I left out the green onions. It's good by itself for a snack or as a side salad.
I too have been making this recipe, or should I say, one similar for quite some time, and I love it. The Recipe I use also calls for sunflower seeds and seasame seeds and they are toasted with the noodles and almonds! This is a wonderful salad! Try it, you won't be disappointed!