Recipe by Happy Harry #2
Have my own version of Chinese Roast Duck, but no longer eat duck. When I tried the same recipe on chicken, I did not like it, so here is my new version.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 tablespoons orange rind, minced
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot or 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse and clean chicken. Leave it whole or cut into parts.
- If you decide to grill chicken, I suggest leaving the skin on, otherwise remove skin.
- Whisk arrowroot with cold water until well blended. Mix with rest of ingredients except chicken.
- Rub all over chicken and let stand ~ 30 minutes at room temperature (I put mine into the cold microwave to marinate.).
- Roast ~25 minutes in a pre-heated 350°F oven.
- Lower heat to 300°F and continue roasting another 20 minutes or until juices run clear when thigh is pierced.