Recipe by Alan Leonetti
Do not deviate from this recipe. It may look complicated, but it is actually very easy! - NOTE: THE 2 HOURS OF MARINATING TIME IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PREPARATION OR COOKING TIME.
- 4 lbs pork loin roast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons rose wine
- 3 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons Chinese bean paste
- 4 shallots (diced)
- 4 tablespoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine salt, sugar, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, ginger, hoisin sauce, bean paste, garlic, shallots and wine in a large bowl.
- Add the pork loin roast, baste thoroughly and marinate 2 hours.
- Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan, and bake in a preheated oven at 425 degree for 15 minutes.
- Turn meat and bake 7 minutes longer.
- Remove the meat and brush with the honey mixed with the red food color.
- Return to the oven for 10 minutes, or until done.
- Cut the meat crosswise into thin slices and serve either hot or cold.