Prep 10 mins
Cook 32 mins
Do not deviate from this recipe. It may look complicated, but it is actually very easy! - NOTE: THE 2 HOURS OF MARINATING TIME IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE PREPARATION OR COOKING TIME.
- 4 lbs pork loin roast
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons rose wine
- 3 teaspoons hoisin sauce
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons Chinese bean paste
- 4 shallots (diced)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- Combine salt, sugar, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, ginger, hoisin sauce, bean paste, garlic, shallots and wine in a large bowl.
- Add the pork loin roast, baste thoroughly and marinate 2 hours.
- Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan, and bake in a preheated oven at 425 degree for 15 minutes.
- Turn meat and bake 7 minutes longer.
- Remove the meat and brush with the honey mixed with the red food color.
- Return to the oven for 10 minutes, or until done.
- Cut the meat crosswise into thin slices and serve either hot or cold.
The flavor of this roast wasn't what we were looking for. Even my kids, who usually devour pork and ANYTHING Asian, wouldn't touch it. Not a winner for us.
Good roast but it did take longer to cook than specified. Wasn't sure what bean sauce was so I used black bean sauce. Good flavour and easy to prepare. Thanks for the recipe
Very good. I used 4 pork tenderloins (about 5 pounds in all) and marinated longer than 2 hours. Everyone enjoyed it. The pork was tender and delicious. I'm going to use the leftovers for pork fried rice. Yum..