Recipe by The Flying Chef
This is a very easy dish to throw together, as once you have combined all the ingredients, it is just the marinating of the pork that takes the time. I tend to marinade mine in the morning before work but it can also be marinated overnight if preferred. I served ours with vegetable and egg fried rice but feel free to serve it with whatever you like. Prep Time does not include marinating time.
Top Review by ~*~LindyT53~*~
I had company arriving from out of state and wanted to make something special. This was just what i was looking for to WOW my guests! I got all kinds of compliments and even a kiss on the cheek! It was fully enjoyed by all of us!
- 600 g piece pork fillets
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml dry sherry
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml honey
- 50 g packet roast, red pork seasoning mix
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2.46 ml five-spice powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, mix well, add pork, toss to coat, refrigerate several hours or over night.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius, drain pork, reserving marinade.
- Place pork in an oven proof dish, roast uncovered, for about 50 Min’s or until browned and cooked through. Brush pork several times with reserved marinade whilst cooking.
- Let pork stand for 5-10 Min’s before slicing.