Recipe by mandabears
Moist, juicy, flavorful, easy. Prep time includes 12 hours of marinating.
Top Review by Manda
OH, my goodness!!! This was absolutely DIVINE!!! I stuffed my chicken with sliced onion, garlic, and celery just to add extra flavor. Basted as directed, and served with rice, stir-fried vegs and remaining marinade. WONDERFUL!!! Only thing I changed was to add a little extra garlic and I also skipped the mustard, as I didn't have any on hand. DEFINITELY A KEEPER!! Thanks, mandabears!!! ~Manda
- 1 whole broiler-fryer chicken
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce, i use kikoman light soy
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, sesamme oil, dry mustard, ginger, garlic and ground black pepper to make the marinade.
- Place chicken in a bowl or zip lock plastic bag.
- Pour marinade over it.
- Marinate in refrigerator for at least one hour, I marinate it for at least 12 hours.
- Turn the chicken over in marinade occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roast chicken on rack until chicken is dark brown and a fork can be inserted with ease, at least 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Bring marinade to full boil and use to baste chicken every 15 minutes.