Prep 12 hrs
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Moist, juicy, flavorful, easy. Prep time includes 12 hours of marinating.
- 1 whole broiler-fryer chicken
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce, i use kikoman light soy
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix together soy sauce, lemon juice, honey, sesamme oil, dry mustard, ginger, garlic and ground black pepper to make the marinade.
- Place chicken in a bowl or zip lock plastic bag.
- Pour marinade over it.
- Marinate in refrigerator for at least one hour, I marinate it for at least 12 hours.
- Turn the chicken over in marinade occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roast chicken on rack until chicken is dark brown and a fork can be inserted with ease, at least 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Bring marinade to full boil and use to baste chicken every 15 minutes.
OH, my goodness!!! This was absolutely DIVINE!!! I stuffed my chicken with sliced onion, garlic, and celery just to add extra flavor. Basted as directed, and served with rice, stir-fried vegs and remaining marinade. WONDERFUL!!! Only thing I changed was to add a little extra garlic and I also skipped the mustard, as I didn't have any on hand. DEFINITELY A KEEPER!! Thanks, mandabears!!! ~Manda
Excellent recipe. We ate this with sauted mushrooms and cabbage for people who dislike cabbage (recipe number 18816). Thanks for sharing!
This chicken was fantastic. I didnt change a thing except I marinated the chicken for about 8 hrs due to time comstraints. Moist, tender, and delicious. I served the chicken with a side of sesame noodles. Had enough left over for my lunch the next day and the chicken was still perfect. Thanks for sharing such a great recipe.