3 hrs 5 mins
TATYANA NGAI's Note:
We always make this soup when someone in my house is feeling under the weather. It's simple and very tasty.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the jasmine rice in cold water.
- 2Transfer to a large stock pot.
- 3Sprinkle the 2 tsps. salt and shake mildly to combine.
- 4Add the 10 cups of cold water and 1/2 cup cooking oil and partially cover.
- 5Turn on stove to HIGH and bring the rice/water mixture to boil.
- 6Reduce heat to MEDIUM to MEDIUM/LOW and cook for 3 hours, stirring occasionally The soup will thicken over time; if too thick for your taste, add water and continue cooking.
- 7Meanwhile, combine chicken, 1/2 tsp salt, sugar, soy sauce, cornstarch and cooking oil and stir to cover chicken with marinade.
- 8Let chicken sit for at least 30 minutes to marinate.
- 9If you are marinating overnight, combine all but the oil and add the oil right before using in the soup.
- 10During the last 15 minutes, add chicken and stir around to cook, about 5-10 minutes.
- 11Serve in heat resistant bowl.
Browse Our Top Chinese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chinese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Rice Soup
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.1
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 57.2 mg
- Sodium 1302.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 19.2 g