This salad keeps fairly well. Time does not include cooking the rice. You can use a sweet onion like Walla walla in place of the red onion. From Stoney Plains Organic Farm.
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup diced red onion
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh coriander or 1⁄2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons chinese black vinegar or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seed oil
- Steam the snow peas and broccoli until tender 3-5 minutes and blanch.
- Put the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently.
- Whisk all the ingredients for the dressing together.
- Pour over rice/vegetables.
- serve at room temperature.