Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I first made this for one of our backyard BBQ get togethers. I got the recipe in a book called Fare For Friends. There was'nt any left so I assumed everyone enjoyed it!
- 1 cup converted rice (uncooked)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed,uncooked
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 Spanish onion, diced
- 1 cup shrimp, cooked or canned
- 4 ounces chow mein noodles
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons soya sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seeds or 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cook rice; chill.
- Add next 4 ingredients.
- Put dressing in a jar and shake well.
- Just before serving, add dressing a few spoonfuls at a time until salad appears moist enough.
- Add noodles and toss.
I love this stuff! My Mom has been making it for years! Less the chow mein noodles. I think it was in the Company's Coming series cookbook for salads. I love soya sauce to I tend to add more to the dressing.
This was really good, and different. My DH and his friend said "Not Bad" which is why I am giving it 4 stars instead of 5. I personally thought it was great!
Similar to what I make, except without the chow mein noodles, and using only 2 cups of cooked rice.