Posting so I don't lose the recipe, no idea where I got it. I've made it many times and it's the best Chinese Chicken in a town where there are no Chinese restaurants! Some quantities are iffy, the original recipe didn't specify.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- 2 cups broccoli florets, steamed and drained
- cooked rice
- Heat 2 tbs. oil in wok or skillet over high heat. Add onions and cook until tender. Add garlic and ginger and cook until onions are golden brown. Add chicken and celery and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Transfer to platter.
- Add remaining oil. Add flour and stir until turning brown. Mix in broth, soy,and mustard. Boil until thickened. Add in chicken and broccoli, turning to coat. Mix in cashews and cook until heated through.
- Transfer to platter and serve with rice.