Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is not really a pretzel and I don't know if it is Chinese. We used to call these Ferris Wheels and they were a favorite treat to buy at the store. They are great as is or you can sprinkle them with powdered sugar for a sweet treat.
- Heat 2 inches of oil to 385°F.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Combine milk, water, and egg and mix well.
- Add milk mixture to dry ingredients and mix till well blended.
- Heat rosette iron in oil and dip into batter (do not submerge whole iron in batter just dip it till it barely touches the top of the iron,but does not go over the top) and place in oil.
- Gently shake the rosette iron to release it from iron.
- Heat iron briefly and repeat, till you have 3-4 pretzels in the pan.
- Cook until delicately brown, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Stir the batter occasionally as the cornstarch has a tendency to settle in the bottom and always heat the rosette iron before dipping in the batter.