A wonderful way to prepare green (raw) prawns that all the family will enjoy. It's easy to prepare and has a wonderful flavour.
- 500 g large shrimp, peeled
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cups Chinese vegetables
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 -2 dried bird's eye chiles or 1 -2 dried chili, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- Prepare vegetables, of your own choice, i.e. bok choy, bean sprouts, capsicum, onion, broccoli, asparagus, Chinese leaf, and baby corn--a mixture is great.
- Blanche asparagus and broccoli for two minutes before adding to the other vegetables. Add the chili, crushed; place to one side.
- In a cup, place the stock, adding the Soya sauce (a mixture of light and rich is nice) add the sherry, oyster sauce and sesame oil. Mix the corn flour with enough water to be able to add to the stock.
- Heat wok, add half of the oil, stir fry the vegetables. Place in warm oven. Add remainder of the oil to wok and quickly stir fry the prawns for just a minute or two. Add the liquid and stir until it thickens.
- Toss the vegetables in and quickly stir.
- Serve separately with noodles of your choice.