Ben Ross's Note:
What a way to start the days. These are absolutly magnificant. Once you have cooked these for yourself you will have to cook them for your friends.What a way to start the days. These are absolutely magnificent. Once you have cooked these for yourself you will have to cook them for your friends.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Shell the prawns; leave the tail intact (devein if you wish to).
- 2Cut down the middle of the tail (about half way through) and flatten. The idea is so they can sit flat but not too high on the bread).
- 3Combine lightly beaten egg with cornflour, salt and pepper.
- 4Coat the prawns with this egg/cornflour combination.
- 5Remove crusts from bread.
- 6Cut slices in half.
- 7Put one prawn on each piece of the bread making sure the prawn is pretty flat.
- 8Gently rub left over egg/cornflour mix over prawn with fingers.
- 9Dice the ham, shallot and boiled yolk.
- 10Place one piece of diced ham, shallot and yolk in a line down the middle of the prawn.
- 11Deep fry the prawns in oil for about 2 minutes or until they are nice and golden.
- 12Drain well.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Prawns on Toast
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.6
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 250.1 mg
- Sodium 855.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 21.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: