Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple prawns cakes to serve with sweet chilli sauce on the side.
- 300 g white fish fillets, cubed
- 300 g raw prawns
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup coriander, chopped
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil
- sweet chili sauce, to serve
- Place fish and prawns in processor. Chop to chunky paste. Remove to bowl.
- Stir in onions, coriander and breadcrumbs.
- Moisten your hands, and form mixture into small cakes.
- Heat a little vegetable oil in pan or wok and cook cakes in batches until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce for dipping.
What a great way to stretch 10 oz of shrimp/prawns into a wonderful meal. I made this with cod and whole wheat bread and it worked deliciously. I believe step 2 should mention adding the eggs. This uses very little oil so it can be a very healthy entree. I'm going to try using just egg whites next time. Thank you, Wendy.