Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A different kind of potato salad. Good in the summer time when you are cooking outdoors.
Make and share this Chinese Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 5 -6 medium potatoes (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- 4 slices bacon, well-cooked and crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup chopped bok choy
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 1⁄3 cups mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon hot mustard powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Boil the potatoes until cooked, but still firm.
- Cut into salad-sized chunks.
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce together, using more or less sesame oil and hot mustard, according to taste (more is good, but only up to a point).
- Put all salad ingredients in a large bowl, then add the sauce and mix well.
Excellent flavor. Salad is a keeper.
Excellent salad. My husband and daughter are not fond of traditional potato salad but they liked this version. I didn't have any bok choy on hand so I substituted it with blanched chopped broccoli. I also omitted the red pepper and added a small amount of roasted chopped cashews.
I just love this. The balance is quite nice. One can taste all ingredients but none overpowers. Mainly I taste potatoes, as one should. I served this with grilled Teriyaki chicken, grilled asparagus, and Asian guacamole (laced with wasabi and fresh ginger) mixed with baby spinach. This different twist on Asian food is exciting and welcome. Thanks so much for posting this. It's a keeper.