Recipe by Shawn C
this is from back when I was first married and got a Wok for a present we ate a lot of chinese home cooking because it was CHEAP. You can use a wok or a dutch oven for this dish
Top Review by shielaw_11457146
Years ago my mother got a this recipe with from a bottle of soy sauce. This receipe has more to my mother's. there is gengerroot and mushrooms. After making this for the 1st time she change some things. She used dry vermouth not sherry and then to make more sauce she poured soy sauce that was used to marinate the chicken into the water, 2 table soy sauce, sugar and cornstarch to measure a one cup measure. Then cooked the sauce until thickened and put the chicken back into the pan and mix until coated and served over cook rice. So easy and good,.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cut up chicken
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced gingerroot
- 6 mushrooms, quartered
- 2 green onions, cut 1/4 pieces
- 2 stalks celery, sliced diagonally
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub chicken with 1/4 c soy sauce, stand for 15 minutes.
- Brown in oil.
- Add sherry, ginger root and cook 20-30 minutes.
- Add mushrooms during last 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken, add celery and onions.
- Cook 1-2 minutes.
- Mix water, cornstarch, sugar and soy add to pan.
- Pour over chicken.