Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Submitted by Marsha Sabus from Fallbrook, CA in the Fix-it and Forget-it Diabetic Crock pot cookbook.
- Dip roast in flour and brown on both sides in oil in a saucepan.
- Place meat in slow cooker and top with onions.
- Combine soy sauce, water and ginger and pour over the meat.
- Cover and cook on high for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and cook for 8-10 hours.
- Slice and serve with rice.
I am new to cooking diabetic meals and i wasn't that good of a cook to begin with, I chose this because it looked easiest enough that I couldn't ruin it. Man-oh-man was it good. For a change my family actually commented on how good something I cooked tasted, I put some carrots and celery along with the onions (just because I needed to use them up) and they tasted so good after cooking in the soy/ginger all day. Thanks for posting!
I used a boneless blade roast and once all visible fat was removed weighed 1.6K and took 6 hours to cook to well done and it was moist and very much enjoyed. Thank you Oolala, made for Revised Bargain Basement Game.