Recipe by ATM 67
Another from my son's kung fu instructor and my friend from from Hong Kong. He loves grilled pork and lamb.
Top Review by Mainely Debbie
I made this marinade to use on country style spareribs and marinaded them for 24 hours. The flavor was excellent and better than any chinese retaurant and the meat was very tender; my family loved this. My son asked me what I marinaded the spareribs in this time, I told him I got anoher great recipe from Recipe Zaar. I can't wait to use this marinade on chicken wings, we love 5 spice powder! Thanks again for a recipe that will be a definate keeper.
- 5 lbs pork chops (I use 3/4-inch thick sliced loin) or 5 lbs pork steaks (I use 3/4-inch thick sliced loin) or 5 lbs pork loin (I use 3/4-inch thick sliced loin)
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons five-spice powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients, except pork, in a bowl and mix well.
- Coat pork in mixture. I store mine in quart sized zipper bags, 2-3 chops per bag.
- Let pork marinade in refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour. I marinate for 24 hours.
- Cook outdoors on grill until done. On my grill that's 4-5 minutes per side.
- They also cook well indoors on a contact type grill. I generally cook for 5-6 minutes indoors.
- Pork filled bags may be frozen with marinade and thawed to cook later.
- **Note - Marinating time is not included in my "time to Make".