ATM 67's Note:
Another from my son's kung fu instructor and my friend from from Hong Kong. He loves grilled pork and lamb.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs pork chops (I use 3/4-inch thick sliced loin) or 5 lbs pork steaks (I use 3/4-inch thick sliced loin) or 5 lbs pork loin (I use 3/4-inch thick sliced loin)
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 1Combine all ingredients, except pork, in a bowl and mix well.
- 2Coat pork in mixture. I store mine in quart sized zipper bags, 2-3 chops per bag.
- 3Let pork marinade in refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour. I marinate for 24 hours.
- 4Cook outdoors on grill until done. On my grill that's 4-5 minutes per side.
- 5They also cook well indoors on a contact type grill. I generally cook for 5-6 minutes indoors.
- 6Pork filled bags may be frozen with marinade and thawed to cook later.
- 7**Note - Marinating time is not included in my "time to Make".
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Pork Marinade
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 601.4
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 190.2 mg
- Sodium 1399.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 57.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: