Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I'm really putting this on Zaar so I can find it again. I've not tried it yet but it sure looks like it would be good. I'm concerned that 50 mins in an oven with no moisture will produce a very dry and hard chop. My own feeling is that it will take a shorter time or a bit of moisture and a lidded dish to bring this to it's potential.
- 1⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 6 lean pork loin chops
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- Beat egg, soy sauce, water, garlic powder, and ginger in a flat pan or dish.
- Mix bread crumbs and wheat germ in another flat dish.
- Dip pork chops into egg mixture, then in bread crumb mixture, coating both sides.
- Place on baking sheet sprayed with no stick spray. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Turn chops carefully and bake 20 minutes more, or until tender.
I used lean boneless loin chops and they took 40 minutes to cook at 175C fan forced and lthey were beautifully moist and had lovely flavour but the outside coating was not crispy and as I was eating yes I will try again but cook on a rack and see if that results in a crispy coating. Thank you Annacia, made for Went To Market tag game.
These are very tasty pork chops! I made them just as directed and they came out nice and juicy. I expected a crispy crust but got a soft coating that had great flavor. Thanks for sharing the recipe!