Recipe by Candace Michelle
Found this in Light & Tasty, haven't tried it yet but soon will.
Top Review by Chef Doozer
I got this out of the Light and Tasty magazine too but thought I'd see if someone had posted it on here so I could review it. Unfortunately, it wasn't so great. I had high hopes for this dish. I've never found the ultimate pork chop dish and was hoping this would be it. I only cooked them for 4 hours, half frozen even, and they were still a bit on the dry side. My kids wouldn't touch the sauce although I thought it tasted good over the meat and rice.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place pork in a 3 qt slow cooker coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine onion, ketchup, brown sugar, water, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger.
- Pour over chops and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until tender.
- Serve over rice with sauce.