Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is my mum in laws family recipe--a Malaysian Chinese ethnic family.
Make and share this Chinese Poach Chicken Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon chinese brown bean sauce
- 1 stalk cilantro (cut into 1 cm long) or 1 stalk fresh coriander (cut into 1 cm long)
- 1 stalk spring onion (cut into small pieces)
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- ginger (cube)
- 2 ounces chicken stock
- sugar (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- chopped chili (optional)
- Heat oil.
- Sauté ginger till brown.
- Add garlic, bean sauce and coriander.
- Continue to sauté.
- (Add chili, if desired).
- Now add chicken stock and oyster sauce.
- Simmer till reduced by half.
- Add sugar to reduce the saltiness and pepper to taste.
Loved it ! I adopted you for Pick-a-Chef Spring 2007. With this dip sauce the heat is instant! Rather too hot for me but just fine for my DH who liked this a lot. I used several dried hot chili peppers in this and more coriander/colantro. I could have simmered and reduced it a bit more and next time I will, but I was in a hurry and we had chicken pieces that were crispy and ready quicker than I estimated so I wanted to get things on the table. DH says that this would go really really well over rice. Please see my rating system: 4 stars for a wonderul spicey dip recipe that DH loved.