Cook1 hr 45 mins
Chinese Plum Sauce Serve this with egg rolls or brush it over chicken and ribs on the grill.
Make and share this Chinese Plum Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 8 cups plums, pitted, Halved (3 lb/1.5 kg)
- 1 cup onion, Chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, Minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup rice vinegar or 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coriander, Ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- In large heavy saucepan, bring plums, onions, water, ginger and garlic to boil over medium heat; cover, reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until plums and onions are very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Press through food mill or sieve and return to clean pan; stir in sugar, vinegar, coriander, salt, cinnamon, pepper and cloves.
- Bring to boil, stirring; reduce heat to low and simmer until mixture reaches consistency of applesauce, about 45 minutes.
- Fill and seal jars; process in boiling water bath for 30 minutes.
- Makes about 4 cups
This is a 5 star sauce.
Great sauce and easy to make. Thumbs up from all my family members.
I thought the plum sauce was a bit too vinegary, next time I will use less. Other then that the final result was good.