Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Another of my many recipe cards turned cyber!
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup ruby port
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 (1 lb) can purple plums, reserve liquid
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Saute chicken in butter until deep golden brown.
- Sprinkle with salt and ginger while browning.
- Add plum liquid, lemon slices, and wine to the chicken .
- Cover and simmer 25-40 minutes until tender.
- Halve and pit plums.
- Remove chicken to warm platter.
- Stir cornstarch into the water and blend into juices in pan. Bring to a boil; stirring constantly until thickened.
- Add plum halves and cook 2 minutes until warmed through.
- Pour over the chicken and serve.