I found this in my 1000 Recipe Chinese Cookbook. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds very interesting and looks easy enough to try. Note: Time does not include overnight chilling.
My Private Note
lbs. ca ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Discard tough outer leaves and core of cabbage. Cut into 1 inch cubes.
- 2Combine brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar and salt.
- 3Heat 2 Tblsp. oil. Add cabbage and stir-fry until translucent but still crisp (about 3 minutes). Transfer to a bowl.
- 4Heat remaining 1 Tblsp. oil. Add brown sugar-soy mixture and cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves. Then pour over cabbage and toss.
- 5Transfer to tightly covered container and refrigerate overnight.
- 6Variations: For the white cabbage, substitute red cabbage. For the wine vinegar, substitute cider vinegar.
- 7In step 2, add 1/2 teaspoons hot pepper flakes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Pickled Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.0
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 563.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 2.1 g