Recipe by KT's Mom
This came from a cookbook put together by our school several years ago. I usually cut the recipe in half and find it is plenty for the three of us. Very tasty!
- 1 lb round steak
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans French onion soup
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 2 (16 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 green peppers, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut round steak into thin strips.
- In skillet, brown steak in shortening; pour off fat.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Add soup, water, tomatoes, soy sauce and green peppers.
- Cover and cook over low heat approximately 45 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Stir now and then.
- Mix cornstarch and 4 tablespoons of water until smooth; gradually stir into sauce.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Serve over rice.