Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This came from a cookbook put together by our school several years ago. I usually cut the recipe in half and find it is plenty for the three of us. Very tasty!
- Cut round steak into thin strips.
- In skillet, brown steak in shortening; pour off fat.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Add soup, water, tomatoes, soy sauce and green peppers.
- Cover and cook over low heat approximately 45 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Stir now and then.
- Mix cornstarch and 4 tablespoons of water until smooth; gradually stir into sauce.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Serve over rice.