A quick meal that taste just like it came from a Chinese restaruant.
Make and share this Chinese Pepper Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks, 1 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 large green peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2⁄3 cup beef bouillon (liquid)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Place round steak in freezer for 30 minutes to get firm.
- Remove from freezer, trim off fat, and slice into 1/8 inch thick.
- Place oil into wok and heat up oil.
- Add garlic, meat, salt, ginger and pepper.
- Stir-fry over high heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove meat from wok and place on a heat platter covered in aluminum foil.
- Add green peppers and onion to wok and cook for 3 minutes.
- Return meat to pan and add water chestnuts.
- Mix together soy sauce, sugar, bouillon, cornstarch, and cold water.
- Stir into wok and cook for additional 4 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Serve over hot rice topped with green onions.
Excellent! This was a restaurant quality dish. Very easy directions and perfect mixture of flavors. I used red, yellow and green peppers that went beautifully atop a bed of brown rice. Thanks Audrey!
This was an easy and good recipe for pepper steak. I did sub the steak with veggie steak. I liked the water chesnuts, it give the dish an extra crunch. The sauce was good and very easy to make. I will make this again and also recommend it. I think this is also a good beginner's recipe. It was easy to follow and came out just as I imagined it to.Thanks
i have made this a few times now, and i even substitute the beef with pork.it is very good! my sister loves it. the pork is a lot more tender than the beef, but either way is fabulous.