1/1 Photo of Chinese Pepper Steak
Audrey M's Note:
A quick meal that taste just like it came from a Chinese restaruant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs round steaks, 1 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 large green peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2/3 cup beef bouillon (liquid)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 1Place round steak in freezer for 30 minutes to get firm.
- 2Remove from freezer, trim off fat, and slice into 1/8 inch thick.
- 3Place oil into wok and heat up oil.
- 4Add garlic, meat, salt, ginger and pepper.
- 5Stir-fry over high heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- 6Remove meat from wok and place on a heat platter covered in aluminum foil.
- 7Add green peppers and onion to wok and cook for 3 minutes.
- 8Return meat to pan and add water chestnuts.
- 9Mix together soy sauce, sugar, bouillon, cornstarch, and cold water.
- 10Stir into wok and cook for additional 4 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- 11Serve over hot rice topped with green onions.
Browse Our Top Chinese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chinese Pepper Steak
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.9
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 62.1 mg
- Sodium 1254.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 20.4 g